Bermuda’s currency is the Bermudian dollar, pegged to the US dollar; the two are used interchangeably. Bank notes come in denominations of $2, $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100. The Bermudian dollar is divided into 100 cents; coin denominations are 5, 10 and 25 cents, as well as $1.
- ATMs: Widely available in the city of Hamilton, St George’s town and the Dockyard.
- Cash: You’ll need it to pay for bus and ferry tickets, taking taxis and paying in cheaper restaurants.
- Changing Money: Banks along Front St in Hamilton give the best rates. Bermudian currency cannot be exchanged outside the island. Change any remaining Bermudian dollars into US dollars upon leaving.
- Credit Cards: Widely accepted in hotels and restaurants.
- Traveller’s Checks: International US dollar checks accepted by some establishments. Passport necessary as well as photo ID.