Job is no longer active.
Please click here to see all current available jobs.
Assistant Teacher Technician (Construction) - Temporary
We are actively searching for an on-island Assistant Teacher Technician to assist in the Construction department in a local high school.
This roles main responsibility is to support the Teacher with day to day classes and set up for students ages 15 and up.
Specific responsibilities include;
- Preparing the classroom before each class
- Support students who require extra support to complete tasks
- Support managing class behavior
- Support teacher with class planning and record keeping and completion
- Supervise group activities
- Additional administrative duties as required
- An ability to build good working relationships with students
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Flexibility and creativity
- Must enjoy working with children
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to manage groups of pupils and deal with challenging behaviour
- Patience and a sense of humour
- Competent IT skills.
- Basic care of Machines and shop equipment.
- Order and receive materials and equipment.
- Keep inventory of materials and equipment.
- Liaise with cleaners to keep workshop clean and tidy.
- Liaise with teacher to maintain proper shop signage.
- Maintain first aid kits and safety equipment.
- Aid teacher in material and project preparation.
- Basic maintenance of IT lab.
To be considered for this role, you must have the below;
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate or Diploma in Construction or related field, preferably Associate Degree in construction or related field
- Computer literate
- Please note that no teaching qualification or experience is necessary
If the above role sounds of interest to you and you would like to learn more and express your interest in this role, please get in touch with Hannah today; email@example.com