Associate Director - Compliance
On behalf of our client a globally recognized financial services organisation we are actively seeking an Associate Director to work in their Cashel Office whilst providing assistance to their Cayman based team.
- Review the regulatory implications of various matters and make recommendations.
- Work with clients to ensure that appropriate regulatory processes and controls are established and documented within the areas of responsibility.
- Take on appointments as AML Compliance Officer, MLRO and/or Deputy MLRO as required.
- Assist in the supervision and monitoring of certain employees who act as AML Compliance Officer, MLRO and/or Deputy MLRO (with respect to performance of those roles).
- Work closely, as required, with external solicitors in the Cayman Islands under the supervision of the MDI.
- Manage responses to Compliance Services related questionnaires, while ensuring that the responses comply with internal and external data security protocols.
- Provide expert advice and assist in transformation projects and in the implementation of best practices.
- Coordinate with internal Compliance Department and manage project tasks as appropriate as directed by the MDI.
- Oversee the client compliance review and monitoring activities
- Monitor the Money Laundering Reporting functions for each client.
- Oversee the testing of client internal controls regarding AML/CFT compliance with a focus on the delegated services providers.
- Prepare compliance reports including key findings and recommendations and present to the relevant Board of Directors.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments and response plans.
- Develop, organize, and/or deliver consistent compliance related training.
What you will have:
- An internationally recognized professional qualification
- Minimum of 7- 10 years relevant experience in compliance, financial risk or consulting roles in the financial sector.
- Required knowledge of European AML regulatory framework.
- Knowledge of the Cayman Islands AML regulatory framework desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Prior regulatory or fund administration or audit experience would be an asset.
Flexible working hours, the candidate will be required to work approx 1pm to 9.30pm at least 3 days per week.