We are working with a client of ours, a Global firm to recruit a Book keeper in to their team. The Accounting Services team, work closely alongside the Corporate Services teams, supporting the legal offering in key jurisdictions. We work collaboratively with our global colleagues, providing a seamless service from an interactive, innovative work place. Responsibilities include:
- Updating and maintaining book keeping ledgers from source documents for clients.
- Reconciling client bank accounts, in house accounting systems and inter client loan balances.
- Controlling and maintaining client expense, accruals, prepayments and fixed asset schedules.
- Preparing audit related breakdowns and deal with external audit queries.
- Assisting in the preparation of Trial Balances, General Ledgers & Basic Mgmt. accounts.
- Assisting in the preparation of basic Financial Statements and other ad-hoc financial reports.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures including those relating to professional conduct, quality and ethical standards.
- Liaising with property managers, custodians, and banks to obtain / provide client information
- Maintaining the highest standard of client confidentiality and security of client affairs at all times.
- Ensuring the prompt completion of timesheets.
The successful candidate will also pro-actively take on and support additional responsibilities and tasks as required by the manager and clients.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
We’re keen to see candidates with previous experience in a book keeping or accounting environment. Whilst a book keeping qualification and client facing experience are desirable, these are not essential. We’re looking for a self-motivated, organised and driven individual, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Excel with an accurate eye for detail. A background in a Private Wealth/Real Estate environment along with experience of Viewpoint would be advantageous but is not essential. You will need strong organisational and time management skills as well as the ability to work within a team and using your own initiative. If you’re committed to achieving excellence for yourself, your clients and your team, we’d love to hear from you!