This role will report to the MLRO and its overall function will be to ensure that all legislative and regulatory requirements are met whilst adhering to best practice standards.
- Prepare documentation related to queries arising from law enforcement and other regulatory agencies
- Review compliance onboarding practices and documentation, liaise with the business as required and make recommendations as to improvements
- Review suspicious activity reports and summarise findings
- Communicate compliance and risk management requirements to internal and external clients; address queries and concerns and assist with the delivery of staff training
- Provide assistance to the business to ensure full alignment with regulatory requirements as it pertains to Financial Crime reporting requirements for all activity undertaken in the Cayman Islands
- Assist with the implementation and oversight of a robust Financial Crime control framework that is designed to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Financial Crime policies and procedures
- Liaise with CIMA on a frequent basis
- Facilitate the regular assessments of business risk
- Work closely with the MLRO and the AMLCO
- Maintain an awareness of regulatory and legal changes in the Financial Crime space and provide timely updates to the executive management team
- A minimum of 5 years relevant compliance experience within financial services Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of relevant local and international regulations and legislation as it pertains to the business
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Technical knowledge and understanding of financial crime and how to analyse reports
Please note that at this time we can only accept on-island applicants for this position.