Job is no longer active.
Please click here to see all current available jobs.
This role will provide administration support to the Transfer Agency team, handling investor communication and ensuring all investor related transactions are in compliance with anti-money laundering requirements to our LatAM based clients.
The Fund Administrator will be expected to:
• Communicate with Fund managers, Investors and Service Providers;
• Process investor transactions (subscriptions agreements, redemption and firms transfer requests);
• Collect and maintain investor AML KYC documentation;
• Enter and maintain contact information for new and additional investors within the firm’s transfer agency system;
• Track and deposit funds received for investment;
• Maintain and review all paperwork received in the funding process; request outstanding documents from the investor as necessary;
• Create investor records for new subscriptions, redemptions and transfers;
• Scan all documents for digital storage if not received in digital format;
• Handle investor service inquiries;
• Initiate same-day wire payments and draft checks on various banking platforms as requested by the client;
• Create wire package and check for review in accordance with internal control procedures;
• Assist the team with the preparation and distribution of investor correspondence;
• Perform daily bank reconciliations and update general ledger with daily cash activity;
• Assist the Team with other ad hoc projects, when needed;
• Report suspicious transactions to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer;
• Know and enforce fund-specific terms from the fund’s offering documents;
• Communicate with fund’s operators or Investment Managers for approval of transactions and waivers of terms, when needed;
• Execute wire transfers on behalf of funds for redemptions, distributions and expenses;
• Participate in mandated training sessions.
• Responsible for the smooth functioning of growing Investor Services team
• Ensure our services comply with all applicable regulatory requirements and adhere to global procedures as well as internal controls for the Investor Services function
• Ensure the Investor Services function fully aligns with the strategic initiatives of the business.
• Contribute on the implementation and maintenance of global Policies and Procedures as it pertains to Investor Services function.
• Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and improve operational efficiencies.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or Finance;
• Experience in the Financial Services industry with exposure to Investor Relations and AML compliance;
• Fluent in the English language with excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
• Fluency in Portuguese language with excellent communication skills, both oral and written an asset;
• Excellent computer skills; Word, Excel with the ability to quickly learn other software;
• Ability to work with numbers;
• Excellent customer service skills;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• A team player with a great attitude and strong work ethic;
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines, while following tasks through to completion.