Head of Compliance
On behalf of our client, one of the island’s premier financial services organizations, we are currently recruiting for a Head of Compliance. This C-Suite role will lead their on island regulatory & compliance team. The role involves direct staff management as well as taking the lead on the development of policies & procedures, and ensuring the firm stays fully up-to-speed and compliant with all new and existing local & international compliance standards.
The role will report to the Board as well as providing compliance oversight and advice to the firms regulated entities.
The successful applicant’s responsibilities will include:
- High level-oversight of the firm’s anti-money laundering policies and procedures
- Lead the risk management strategy and related policies and procedures for the firm
- AEOI reporting requirements and other regulatory reporting requirements
- Provide advice internally and to clients on a wide range of regulatory and compliance matters such as prevention of financial crime, data protection, FATCA and CRS reporting, economic substance etc.
- Produce and maintain policies and procedures on the firm’s suite of policies such as the prevention of financial crime and international tax reporting
- Reporting directly to the firm’s partners on a quarterly basis on relevant internal registers & records
- Risk and control assessments
- Leading independent financial crime testing programs and risk based internal audits
- Responsibility for internal compliance & governance training programs
- Represent the firms interests and reputation at various industry working groups
- Act as the companies representative with CIMA and other regulatory bodies
- Acting as the firm’s appointed Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
Qualifications and Experience:
- An internationally recognized professional qualification (Legal or Accounting)
- A minimum of 10 years high level international compliance & regulatory experience
- Relevant industry experience in the trust, corporate services and / or fund services space
- Excellent people management and relationship management skills
- High-level written and oral communications skills – including prior experience drafting and presenting new policies, procedures and manuals
- Previous board reporting experience
If you’d like to know more, don’t hesitate to apply or message me on firstname.lastname@example.org directly.