Head of Compliance for Cryptocurrency and Digital Assets
The Head of Compliance for Cryptocurrency and Digital Assets will be responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of the compliance program for all digital asset and cryptocurrency transactions. This includes developing and maintaining policies, procedures, and controls to ensure that all cryptocurrency and digital asset transactions are conducted in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
The Head of Compliance will also provide guidance and oversight to the business units and act as the key point of contact for all queries relating to the cryptocurrency and digital assets space. This will also include the onboarding of new clients, and the requisite risk assessments.
This is a 6 month contract role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement an effective compliance program for all cryptocurrency and digital asset transactions, including policies, procedures, and controls.
- Monitor the cryptocurrency and digital asset markets in the US and globally to ensure that the business is compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide guidance to the business units on cryptocurrency and digital asset transactions.
- Liaise with external legal counsel, regulators, and other stakeholders on matters related to compliance.
- Prepare and submit reports to regulators and other stakeholders as and when required.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Investigate any suspicious or fraudulent activities related to digital assets and cryptocurrency transactions.
- Experience at a senior level with a compliance function in the Cayman Islands or similar jurisdiction
- Previous working experience in the digital assets / cryptocurrency space
- A professional designation such as the ACAMS / ICA is preferred
- As a contract role, the start date is urgent and only those who can start news roles in March can be considered