Head of Procurement
Our client is seeking a diligent and experienced Head of Procurement to join their team!
The Head of Procurement will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the purchasing process within an international organization. In addition, the Procurement Director will work with other professionals both inside and outside the organization regarding purchasing, including communicating with managers, engineers, administrators, and sales representatives.
- Devise and utilize fruitful procurement and sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable supplier and initiate procurement partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Leadership of cross-functional teaming across other business functions and initiatives
- Budget management
- Management of procurement staff in and across sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, supplier management, and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years’ of experience in logistics, procurement, supply chain management or similar
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role
- Certification in supply chain management or operations management highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Strong negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, risk management, etc
- Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills
Please note that at this time, we are only able to consider on-island Caymanian candidates or those with the right to work. Please email Kiera@steppingstonesrecruitment.com for more information or to apply today!