We are actively searching for a Refrigeration Mechanic to join our clients growing team! This role is open to on-island and overseas candidates who are looking to relocate to the Cayman Islands.
Overview of the role;
The Refrigeration Mechanic will perform maintenance, services, and repairs on Commercial Walk-in Refrigeration Units utilizing knowledge of refrigeration, electrical, and mechanical principles.
Duties and Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to;
- Install, maintain, service, troubleshoot, repair, and properly charge Commercial Walk-in Refrigeration Units according to manufacturer specifications
- Identify, adjust, repair, or replace defective mechanical, electrical, and electronic components
- Remove, replace, and properly dispose of system refrigerants, compressor, oil, filter, and dryer
- Estimate and order materials and supplies needed
- Complete maintenance and repair records
- Perform prescribed, routine maintenance
- Diagnose refrigeration systems and perform necessary repairs resulting in 100% customer satisfaction
- Maintain and account for all tools, parts, equipment, and instruments assigned
- Additional ad-hoc duties as assigned
Requirements necessary for this role;
- 3 years of technical hands on experience in install, repair and service of industrial and commercial refrigeration equipment.
- Strong knowledge of refrigeration equipment and refrigeration cycle
- Must be flexible and available for all emergency calls and be able to work day or night, weekends and holidays as required
- HVAC or Refrigeration Trade School diploma or equivalent is preferred but not necessary
- Gas fitters license is an asset; Controls experience is an asset.
- Apprentice level electrician experience is an asset.
- Safety Mindset
- Customer Focus
- Integrity & Trustworthiness
- Problem Solving
An attractive compensation and benefits package (including medical insurance, vacation and pension) is being offered to the qualified candidate.
To learn more about this role and express your interest, please apply today.