SteppingStones are delighted to be partnering with a reinsurance firm in Cayman to source an experienced Regulatory Attorney to join their growing team! This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing industry.
The role entails supporting our client’s reinsurance team with their legal queries, advising on an array of legal matters and projects, drafting and interpreting reinsurance treaties, and other compliance projects.
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing board support and participating in preparation of board and management committee materials, as required
- Advising on assumed and ceded reinsurance disputes and recoveries and managing any resulting litigation
- Providing legal support for reinsurance arrangements
- Negotiating and drafting various reinsurance-related agreements such as commutations, innovations and collateral agreements
- Participating in corporate projects impacting the Reinsurance segment
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating various commercial agreements
- Assisting with corporate governance matters
- Collaboration with various departments such as Compliance, Risk, Actuarial, Finance and Tax.
If you have the following qualifications and are interested in exploring this opportunity further then please get in touch to find out more:
- At least 7 years’ post-qualification experience in a leading law firm
- Extensive experience of financial services regulatory law and compliance
- Excellent academic, communication and drafting skills
- Reinsurance experience highly desirable
Please email Kiera@steppingstonesrecruitment.com for more information or to apply today!