We are currently recruiting for an exciting role within an organization that is going through growth. This role offers tangible career progression and development. We are looking for a Senior Designer that is looking for the next step in their career.
Responsibilities for this role will include but are not limited to the following:
- Design high-quality advertising campaigns and collateral for clients;
- Design custom editorial and sponsored content products for clients;
- Contribute to editorial design on a daily and/or as needed basis;
- Design internal marketing collateral;
- Locate/produce high quality photography and illustrations for campaigns and products;
- Learn and serve as staff back-up for all aspects of pre-press plates with the ability to troubleshoot and solve issues in a CTP workflow;
- Work with project managers and team members to provide professional recommendations for concept, design, art direction, production and monitor quality control.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years’ practical experience in graphic design for newspapers, commercial print and web products in the publishing/marketing industry; Advertising Agency experience is a plus;
- Must have a high level of expertise in Adobe Creative Suite applications, particularly inDesign CS6, Photoshop CS6, inCopy CS6, Illustrator CS6 and Acrobat Pro;
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as ATEX ‘P’ Series, Editorial CMS, Morcor, Xpance, Enfocus Pitstop and Screen Trueflow software packages;
- Proven knowledge and understanding of newspaper design, pagination and layout principles and application;
- Must have high-end image retouching and colour correction experience and an advanced understanding of colour-managed RGB workflows, ICC profiles, and the PDF/X specification;
- A comprehensive knowledge of prepress processes, with the ability to troubleshoot and solve issues in a CTP PDF workflow is essential;
- Knowledge of the current state-of-the-art commercial DAM (Digital Asset Management) systems would be an asset;
- The successful candidate must be proficient in grammar, syntax, and the professional use of the English language;
- Willingness and ability to work long hours and to tight deadlines, as is the nature of the industry;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Applicants will be asked to provide a portfolio of past examples of work.