Job is no longer active.
Please click here to see all current available jobs.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting role within an organization that is going through growth. This role offers tangible career progression and development. We are looking for a Senior Designer that is looking for the next step in their career.
Responsibilities for this role will include but are not limited to the following:
- Design high-quality advertising campaigns and collateral for clients;
- Design custom editorial and sponsored content products for clients;
- Contribute to editorial design on a daily and/or as needed basis;
- Design internal marketing collateral;
- Locate/produce high quality photography and illustrations for campaigns and products;
- Learn and serve as staff back-up for all aspects of pre-press plates with the ability to troubleshoot and solve issues in a CTP workflow;
- Work with project managers and team members to provide professional recommendations for concept, design, art direction, production and monitor quality control.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years’ practical experience in graphic design for newspapers, commercial print and web products in the publishing/marketing industry; Advertising Agency experience is a plus;
- Must have a high level of expertise in Adobe Creative Suite applications, particularly inDesign CS6, Photoshop CS6, inCopy CS6, Illustrator CS6 and Acrobat Pro;
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as ATEX ‘P’ Series, Editorial CMS, Morcor, Xpance, Enfocus Pitstop and Screen Trueflow software packages;
- Proven knowledge and understanding of newspaper design, pagination and layout principles and application;
- Must have high-end image retouching and colour correction experience and an advanced understanding of colour-managed RGB workflows, ICC profiles, and the PDF/X specification;
- A comprehensive knowledge of prepress processes, with the ability to troubleshoot and solve issues in a CTP PDF workflow is essential;
- Knowledge of the current state-of-the-art commercial DAM (Digital Asset Management) systems would be an asset;
- The successful candidate must be proficient in grammar, syntax, and the professional use of the English language;
- Willingness and ability to work long hours and to tight deadlines, as is the nature of the industry;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Applicants will be asked to provide a portfolio of past examples of work.