Senior Field Engineer - Water
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Field Engineer. The firm specializes in the installation and repairs of deep gravity sanitary sewer systems and pump stations in Cayman. The role pays between 150-200k USD per annum and offers a relocation package for those not based on-island.
- Set up and maintain project budget
- Develop and maintain the project schedule.
- Support the permitting, testing and inspection requirements of the project.
- Familiar with owner contract requirements and delivery methods.
- Negotiate subcontractor agreements and equipment/material purchase orders.
- Review and approve subcontractor pay applications and vendor invoices.
- Facilitate subcontractor and owner coordination/progress meeting and document meeting minutes.
- Produce and track RFI’s on the projects.
- Ability to problem solve related to wastewater repair works including by-pass pumping and pipe bursting.
- Monitor budgets, schedules, cost reports and job progress and review with the project team on a weekly basis.
- Visit jobsites on a regular basis to review job progress, production planning boards, quality of work and safety on the job.
- Manage startup and commissioning of facility, where applicable.
- Provide owner training to the end user and turn-over contract close-out deliverables.
- Review and report project financial information, performance, and any major conflicts to be resolved with managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or other relevant degree.
- Must have relevant water/wastewater construction experience
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing leader and team player with five plus years of experience in engineering, construction, or related field.
- Proven success in the completion of multimillion-dollar projects.