A number of people who come to this beautiful island do so to take up an exciting new temporary or permanent role through SteppingStones.
So what’s the best way to settle in and make Cayman your home?
1. Say YES to everything! If you are invited to a party or outing, or even for a coffee with some new friends, make an effort to go along. You never know who you might meet and as the island is so small, you’ll find everyone knows each other.
2. Volunteer. As we covered in a previous blog, volunteering is a great way to get involved in the community and meet people.
3. Sports. If you are the energetic type, there are all kinds of sports clubs in Cayman, ranging from Irish Gealic football to rugby to beach volleyball. With Cayman having such a wonderful climate, it’s a great way to spend your free time.
4. Network. Get to know people in the same industry as you, or with the same interests.
5. Share a house or condo. When you first arrive on island this is a great way to cut down on the cost of accommodation and also make friends in the process.
6. Explore the island. Cayman is so much more than just Seven Mile Beach and George Town. There are so many sights to see in the East End, and other places such as the Botanical Gardens and Pedro St James.
7. Check out Facebook sites like Cayman Friends or Caymums. These are great pages to meet people in the same situation as you – away from home and looking to meet new people.
Cayman is such a friendly place that settling in will take no time – you just need to embrace all that it has to offer!