Women in Business: The World’s Most powerful Business Women
Forbes Shared an extremely interesting article featuring the world’s top 10 highest ranking women in terms of their achievements in business. Their achievements are outstanding:
1. Sheryl Sandberrg – Sheryl joined the Facebook board of Directors in 2014: Her unstoppable determination has driven her to become the first ever woman to be elected to serve on the Board for Facebook. She has even been named as one of the top 100 most influential people in the Time 100 and is reported to be worth over US$100 billion.
2. Indra Nooyi – has been one of the World’s most powerful Women since 2006: Has consistently ranked among the Top 100 World’s Most Powerful Women as well as being named the 3rd Most powerful woman in Business by Fortune 2014
3. Irene Rosenfeld, the Chariman and CEO of Kraft: Irene started out as dancer before gaining over 30 years of experience in the food and beverage field, she was named on the “50 Women to watch list” by The Wall Street Journals in 2008 due to the significant impact she has had on the food and beverage industry.
4. Virginia Rometty, CEO and first woman ever to lead IBM: Also known as “Ginny”, having progressed her career from Systems Engineer all the way to CEO, Virginia has an impressive track record in business acumen and entrepreneurialism.
5. Ursula Burns – Chairman and CEO of Xerox Corporation: She started out as a summer intern and after completing her Master’s worked in a variety of positions before becoming an Executive Assistant for one of the Senior Executives.
6. Meg Whitman, former Chief of eBay and new CEO of Hewlett-Packard: She boasts impressive accomplishments with the likes of The Walt Disney Company, P&G, eBay and Hasbro.
7. Maria das Gracas Silva Foster – CEO of Petrobas, Brazilian oil company: First ever woman in the world to head up an oil and gas company
8. Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo, previous CEO of Google: Noted to be very shy in her younger years but soon boosted her confidence whilst working her way up the ladder to become a world leader in business
9. Anne Sweeney – Co-Chair of Disney Media Networks and President of Disney-ABC Television Group: Highly successful American businesswoman with an impressive leadership background from the likes of Nickelodeon, Fox and Walt Disney
10. Angela Braly – CEO of Wellpoint Inc. the second largest health insurer in the US: Has a consistent track record in hitting the Most Powerful Women lists based on her accomplishments
An impressive list of inspiration for not only aspiring women in business, but for anyone who has a goal and has the motivation to work from the bottom to get to the top.