SteppingStones are currently partnering with a global client based in the Cayman Islands, who are looking to bring on-board a Data Engineer to join their rapidly growing Technology team.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining datasets, pipelines and integrations for core information whilst utilizing your analytical skills to combine and cleanse data from various sources and creating data products.
- Develop, update, maintain, document and deploy data products in order to support business activity.
- Respond to incidents and requests for enhancement as well as investigating and deploying fixes for reported bugs.
- Collaborate with the Data Management team and PMO to define and estimate tasks to satisfy business requirements.
- Manage vendor relationships relating to product configuration and problem management.
- Research and present new product features/emerging technology to the team and identify opportunities to extend usage of business application in the BI space.
- Maintain key processes and technical documentation whilst monitoring system performance.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (ideally in a STEM discipline) or extensive experience as a Data Engineer in a similar capacity.
- Solid exposure to BI applications and development of system integrations.
- Strong understanding of SQL databases and the ability to query date from them – ideally a good knowledge of the BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PowerBI, Azure).
- Technical expertise of data models, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design.
For more information and private/confidential chat – please contact Ben Bailey at SteppingStones Recruitment.