SteppingStones are currently partnering with a leading construction firm in the Cayman Islands who are looking to hire several Quantity Surveyors to assist with multiple ongoing projects on-island. You will be responsible for assisting the Senior QS in identifying, planning and implementing process changes for development and growth of the QS function.
The successful QS will be part of a shared internal construction services team and will provide all necessary assistance to the field team and project management team concerning all financial aspects and contractual matters for active projects.
- Review estimates and prepare live construction budgeting with the appropriate level of detail.
- Monitor and action contract deliverables to ensure compliance.
- Assignment of cost codes to active budgets, monitoring expenditures against cost codes.
- Actual vs Budget monitoring, identifying corrective measures, reporting budget compliance and cost-to-complete projections.
- Cashflow management, alignment with client and vendor payment schedules, along with reporting.
- Relevant Degree or Professional Certification in QS Construction Management.
- Minimum of 5 years construction experience with a minimum of 3 years of QS.
- Experience and capability to initiate, develop and complete construction budgets.
- Working knowledge for best industry practices and standards.
- Above-average personal time management, multitasking and interpersonal skills.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a leading construction firm who are working on some of the biggest projects in the Cayman Islands. For more information and a private/confidential chat, please contact Ben Bailey at SteppingStones.