Christmas movies we love!
Ah, it’s ‘that’ time of year again. The holiday season is in full swing and it is always busy busy, whether out celebrating with your work colleagues, catching up with friends or simply shopping till you drop, Christmas, although fun and sparkly, can also be physically and mentally draining! It’s important to rest so not burn out before the big day itself, and what better way than by chilling out on the sofa and in keeping up with the holiday spirit watching… yes you’ve guessed it – a Christmas movie!
There are quite literally hundreds of festive movies to choose from, all of which you have probably seen too many times to remember, so we have done the hard work for you and selected our Top 5 of the best Christmas movies – all that is left for you to do is to pick your favourite, light the Christmas tree, put your best (or worst, whichever way you look at it!) Christmas jumper on, and cuddle up on the couch, preferably drinking hot chocolate. Could this scene get any more Christmassy?
1. ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’. Although this movie is nearly 60 years old it still remains one of the best Christmas movies ever made, cementing its status as an all time festive classic. We defy even the coldest of hearts not to be moved this wonderful little gem.
2. ‘Love Actually’. With the very best of British cast, please put any cynicism aside and just enjoy it for what it is – a movie about love, in all its forms, set at Christmas!
3. ‘Gremlins’. Not your average Christmas movie due to it being dark and violent, it is also very funny, entertaining and perfectly 80’s and totally deserving of its place not only in our top 5 Christmas films, but in pop culture in general.
4. ‘Elf’. Watch Will Ferrell running around New York dressed as one of Santa’s Elves connecting with all of walks of human life, whilst trying to bond with his biological father. Silly, fun and utterly heartwarming, a movie guaranteed to make you smile!
5. ‘Home Alone/Home Alone2: Lost In New York’ – OK, technically, this is two movies, but no Christmas movie list would be complete without them both. You know the drill – the smartest eight year old outwits the two not- so -smart burglars not once, but twice at Christmas time! One the whole family can enjoy over and over.